Are you a professional or non-professional performing, fine or design artist? The Arts Ministry is a safe, welcoming and creative community that provides an inclusive space to gather together to support and recognize one another’s efforts, discuss and resolve issues pertinent to each discipline, be spiritually nurtured and to create art.
Who We Are
The Arts Ministry seeks to create and establish an environment that encourages, nurtures, and invites artists of all kinds to utilize their gifts, talents and skills to benefit the community of Marble Collegiate Church by consciously and fully involving artists in every area of Marble life not only to ensure our own relevance as artists, but to continually breathe new spirit into the body of Christ and the world.
The Fellowship of Professional Artists
This group meets once a month and will address the unique needs of professional artists who are typically more entrepreneurial. Networking, branding, financial matters, goal setting and marketing will be some of the topics discussed, all within a spiritual framework.
All professional artists are welcome. Please RSVP to Mario Sprouse.
The ARTS Peer Support Group
This is a small group (8 - 12 people) who gather twice a month to do more in depth artistic and spiritual growth in relation to our art.
All artists welcome! Please RSVP to Mario Sprouse.
Arts Ministry Facebook Group
Artists of all kinds are invited to join our Arts Ministry Facebook Group. We have created a closed group that offers a welcoming space to support and recognize one another’s efforts, explore issues pertinent to each discipline and be spiritually nurtured. To request to join, visit here.
Inaugural Marble Summer Arts Festival
Calling all playwrights, poets, musicians, dancers, fine artists and fashion designers, you are invited to submit your work for the first Marble Summer Arts Festival which will be the last week of June, 2017.
We are looking to support emerging artists new works within all forms of artistic work including:
- Ten-minute plays & Scenes from longer works
- Fine Art
- Fashion Design
For more on submission guidelines and how to submit your work click here.
Please submit your work to Mario Sprouse by Monday, May 15, 2017.
Ideas for 2017-2018
We have just begun! Here are a few of the ideas we would like our group to explore:
- Establish a prayer group to pray for artists all over the world.
- Create juried art exhibits in the Chapel or the Labyrinth Room that correspond to our liturgical calendar (Lent, Advent) or a particular topic (Faith, Love, Sacrifice, etc.)
- Connect with other arts communities throughout New York City and do joint projects.
- Invite disabled, hearing impaired and deaf artists to participate in our community.
- Start a liturgical dance workshop with the hope of contributing to a worship service.
- Promote volunteer opportunities for artists in the community.
- Create interactive Bible studies using artists to make the stories come alive.
The Arts Ministry is an important part of the vibrant life of Marble Collegiate Church. We hope you will join us!
Mario Sprouse, Arts Ministry Coordinator
(212) 686-2770 x 227