Summer Arts Festival: Call for Submissions
Marble Summer Arts Festival
Monday, June 25 to Friday, June 29, 6:00-8:30pm
Call for submissions!
Sponsored by the Arts Ministry, this all church event will feature a full week of various programs including music from classical to jazz, dance, film, poetry, literature, plays and fine art including paintings and photography. Showcase your talent! We are especially interested in original material. Submission cutoff date: Monday, April 30, 2018.
Artists are invited to submit samples of their work according to the following categories:
• 2 to 3 songs or a segment from your show
• A 10-minute play | A scene or chapter from your show or book
• 5 to 7-minute program (May include more than one composition)
FILMMAKERS: (film and TV)
• 1 to 2 music videos | 1 to 2 short films, including animation
• Scenes from documentaries and feature films
• All submissions can be up to one hour in length
(up to 3 submissions or more if they are small)
• Photography - Paintings/Drawings/Water Colors - Fashion Design
Please submit your work in acceptable digital format (mp3, WAV, mp4, CD, DVD, docx, etc) to Mario Sprouse or drop off copies of scripts/supporting material at the reception desk. You can also mail your submission to:
Marble Collegiate Church
1 West 29 Street
New York, NY 10001
Please note: Marble Church is not a production company. There is no remuneration for participating in the Festival. There is no fee to submit your work. Marble Church will provide the following to participating festival artists: piano, guitar and bass amps, drums, music stands, PA and sound system, media projector, easels (limited quantity), tables, chairs, art installation assistance. Performing artists must provide their own musicians, singers or backing track.
Submissions containing adult language and situations are not discouraged. However, due to the audience at Marble Church, the owner of the material may be asked to provide alternative language for the production/reading of their piece.
Please RSVP to Mario Sprouse, Arts Ministry Coordinator, (212) 686-2770, ext. 227.
Easter Art Exhibit 2018
This art exhibit will be shown in the corridor outside the Labyrinth Room throughout April. Click any of the images to view the full slide show.
Summer Arts Festival Participants
View scenes from the 2017 Summer Arts Festival in this short video:
View the full list of participating artists here.
Who We Are
Are you a professional or non-professional performing, fine or design artist? The Arts Ministry is a safe, welcoming and creative community that provides an inclusive space to gather together to support and recognize one another’s efforts, discuss and resolve issues pertinent to each discipline, be spiritually nurtured and to create art.
The Arts Ministry seeks to create and establish an environment that encourages, nurtures, and invites artists of all kinds to utilize their gifts, talents and skills to benefit the community of Marble Collegiate Church by consciously and fully involving artists in every area of Marble life not only to ensure our own relevance as artists, but to continually breathe new spirit into the body of Christ and the world.
The Fellowship of Professional Artists
This group meets once a month and will address the unique needs of professional artists who are typically more entrepreneurial. Networking, branding, financial matters, goal setting and marketing will be some of the topics discussed, all within a spiritual framework.
All professional artists are welcome. Please RSVP to Mario Sprouse.
The ARTS Peer Support Group
This is a small group (8 - 12 people) who gather twice a month to do more in depth artistic and spiritual growth in relation to our art.
All artists welcome! Please RSVP to Mario Sprouse.
Arts Ministry Facebook Group
Artists of all kinds are invited to join our Arts Ministry Facebook Group. We have created a closed group that offers a welcoming space to support and recognize one another’s efforts, explore issues pertinent to each discipline and be spiritually nurtured. To request to join, visit here.
For more information, contact Mario Sprouse.
Ideas for 2017-2018
We have just begun! Here are a few of the ideas we would like our group to explore:
- Establish a prayer group to pray for artists all over the world.
- Create juried art exhibits in the Chapel or the Labyrinth Room that correspond to our liturgical calendar (Lent, Advent) or a particular topic (Faith, Love, Sacrifice, etc.)
- Connect with other arts communities throughout New York City and do joint projects.
- Invite disabled, hearing impaired and deaf artists to participate in our community.
- Start a liturgical dance workshop with the hope of contributing to a worship service.
- Promote volunteer opportunities for artists in the community.
- Create interactive Bible studies using artists to make the stories come alive.
The Arts Ministry is an important part of the vibrant life of Marble Collegiate Church. We hope you will join us!
Mario Sprouse, Arts Coordinator
(212) 686-2770 ext. 227