GIFTS: LGBTQ Fellowship
Order the 2018 LOVE.PERIOD T-Shirts here.
Friday, June 8
Collegiate Pride Dance Party
The Fort Washington Collegiate Church ‘Beyond Labels’ ministry is hosting a 70’s themed dance party for the congregation and the community. Put on your boogie shoes and come and help us put the “A” in Open and Affirming! Proceeds to benefit the Ali Forney Center. Suggested donation: $10
Wednesday, June 20
#WeWo: Wednesday Worship
GIFTS hosts our annual Pride Wednesday Worship. Message by Dr. Michael Bos. Bring your friends and show them what God’s inclusive love looks like! This particular WeWo meets in the Sanctuary followed by a Festive Coffee Hour in the Labyrinth Room.
Saturday, June 23
Help serve water to those marching in the annual Women’s March. Meet in front of Marble Church.
Register for the Dyke March Water Table here.
Sunday, June 24
All are welcome, whether you identify as LGBTQ or ally.
Cost, $12 (please register by Friday, June 22 here).
Sunday, June 24
Because of a change in the March route, Marble will not be offering the Water Table for the first time in decades. Instead, join us as we march with Marble's banner along the March route! A wristband and a Collegiate Pride T-shirt are required. ALSO, if you'd like info about Marble's ribbon dance team, please contact, Don Piper or Chad Tanaka Pack.
Register for the Pride March here.
View the Pride 2017 photos here.
GIFTS (LGBTQ in Fellowship, Tradition and Service) is a community of faith, a vital part of Marble Collegiate Church. GIFTS is co-creating with God a world in which people of all sexual orientations and gender identities are embraced as God’s beloved children, a world in which each of us know ourselves to be created in God’s image, gifted and unique. Marble Collegiate Church has been welcoming and affirming of LGBTQ people since 1992 when a small group of gay men who were a part of the Marble community formed GIFTS. We hope you will join us in creating this world through one of our programs and activities:
- Programs - In our monthly coffee hours and frequent programs, we explore a wide range of topics of interest to LGBTQ people, through inspirational speakers, discussion, entertainment and social events.
- Small Groups - GIFTS offers groups in a smaller setting, like “Being LGBTQ and Christian,” which allows us to explore similar interests and challenges through deep community and fellowship. Read more about Small Groups at Marble here.
- Service - A couple times a year, the GIFTS community joins with others from Marble to meet the needs of our city, sometimes in a NY Cares Day or through another non-profit or service organization. Read more about Outreach activities here.
- Retreats - Once a year, we spend a relaxed weekend away from the city to focus on our collective spiritual growth, allowing us to deepen our relationship with God and each other.
- Gay Pride - In June, the GIFTS Fellowship participates in several Pride activities, including its long-standing tradition of serving water to marchers at both the Pride March and the Dyke March. View the most recent Pride March photos here.
- Facebook -Like our Facebook page and meet some new people.
- Same Sex Marriage - To learn more about having your wedding at Marble Church, click here.
- GIFTS History - Marble Collegiate Church has been welcoming and affirming of LGBTQ people since 1992 when a small group of gay men who were a part of the Marble community formed GIFTS, Gays In Fellowship, Tradition and Service.
Stop by and say hello...
Each Sunday following the worship service, LGBTQ people at Marble gather informally around the GIFTS Welcome Table in the Marble Loft. Members of the Leadership Team are there to welcome you, answer any questions you might have and share information about upcoming activities.
Room for All
Compelled by the inclusive love of God revealed in Jesus Christ and empowered by the Spirit, Room for All is a community of Christ-followers in the Reformed Church in America (RCA). It is a non-profit organization founded in 2005, governed by a Board of Directors and seeks to represent the full diversity and inclusion of LGBTQ members in the RCA.
In this moving Room for All video, "Room for Me?", members of our GIFTS community, and others, speak about their experiences as LGBTQ Christians in Reformed Church settings across the country. You can also download the accompaying discussion guide here. For further resources, view the video series Body and Soul: We Belong, also at the Room for All website. This video resource invites viewers to explore the question of what it means to be LGBTQ and Christian through six themes central to the Reformed Church tradition, that are woven through the liturgies and confessional standards of the RCA. You can also download its accompanying discussion guide—we encourage you to make use of it as you view the accompanying videos, pausing after each section to engage in reflection and conversation.
What The Bible Says and Doesn't Say
Bible scholar Sr. Carol Perry addresses misrepresentations of the Bible so often used in verbal bashing of gay men and women. She also takes an illuminating look at how and why the Scriptures were created by our spiritual ancestors.