Marble Summer Arts Festival
Call for Submissions!
Sponsored by the Arts Ministry, this event will feature various programs including music from classical to jazz, dance, film, poetry, literature, plays and fine art including paintings and photography. Showcase your talent! We are especially interested in original material.
SUBMISSION CUT OFF DATE HAS PASSED.
Artists are invited to submit samples of their work according to the following categories:
SINGERS / MUSICIANS / SONG WRITERS:
- 2 - 3 songs or a segment from your show.
ACTORS / PLAYWRIGHTS / WRITERS / POETS:
- A 10 minute play
- A scene/chapter from your show or book
- 5 to 10 minute program (May include more than one composition)
FILM MAKERS (film and TV)
- 1 - 2 music videos
- 1 - 2 short films, including animation
- Scenes from documentaries and feature films
- All submissions can be up to one hour in length
VISUAL ART: (up to 10 submissions or more if they are small)
- Paintings / Drawings / Water Colors
- Fashion Design
Please submit your work in acceptable digital format (mp3, WAV, mp4, CD, DVD, docx, etc) to Mario Sprouse or drop off copies of scripts/supporting material at the reception desk. You can also mail your submission to Arts Ministry, Marble Church, 1 West 29 Street, NYC 10001.
- Marble Church is not a production company. There is no remuneration for participating in the Festival. There is no fee to submit your work. Marble Church will provide the following to participating festival artists: piano, guitar and bass amps, drums, music stands, PA and sound system, media projector, easels (limited quantity), tables, chairs, art installation assistance. Performing artists must provide their own musicians, singers or backing track.
- Submissions containing adult language and situations are not discouraged. However, due to the audience at Marble Church, the owner of the material may be asked to provide alternative language for the production/reading of their piece.