Children, Youth, & Families (CYF)
The Children, Youth and Families Ministry inspires children and youth to develop a loving relationship with God, Jesus Christ and their neighbors through creative and age-appropriate activities that include learning about the Bible, studying our shared Christian history, service to others and fellowship.
Marble's littlest ones from their field trip this Wednesday to see the hit interactive show, "Hatched" about life on the farm - at Alvin Ailey Studio Theatre.
View the 2015 CYF Christmas Angel Audition Play photos here.
View the 2015 CYF Family Costume Party photos here.
Children and youth experience the power and presence of the Holy Spirit through:
- Children's Choir | Grades 1-6 - Michael Finke
- Cherub Choir | Pre-K and Kindergarten - Karie Brown, Director of Children's Music
- Toddler's Music | 2 & 3 years old - Karie Brown, Director of Children's Music
- Visual arts and drama
- Service to others
We welcome all families with children Infant-12th Grade to our ministry!
CYF Sunday Schedule
Sunday School: 10:00am
Toddler Music: 11:00am
Children’s Choir: 11:30am
Youth Bible Study: 11:00am
Infant Room or Toddler Room?
Parents often ask us, “Which room should my child be in?”
At Marble Church, we take a developmental approach to our children’s care and spiritual development. Please take a moment to review the descriptions below with thought about where your child would be happiest and most comfortable. We always welcome opportunities to speak with caregivers and if we can be of help, please contact Jessica Scovel.
- Suggested Ages: Newborn – 23 months
- Space: Quiet, calming
- Support: One-to-one adult care
- Activities: Cuddling, feeding, diaper changes, napping, child-centered play
- Developmental Focus: To develop a sense of trust with Marble staff and security in the Marble environment.
You are in the same building as your child so you can quickly leave the Worship Service if your child needs you.
- Suggested Ages: Two – three years old
- Space: Can be quite active, several transitions between structured activities and unstructured play, periods of busyness as families enter and leave the room.
- Support: Less one-to-one adult support than in the Infant Room. Children are starting to independently explore the environment and toys.
- Activities: Group music and story times, developmental play centers, guided and unstructured play
- Developmental Focus: An introduction to God, prayer and bible stories. In addition, lessons model early concepts and language development as well as early socialization skills.
Whichever the room – infant or toddler – we look forward to spending time with your child!
Infants: 1 West 29th Street, Room 203
Toddlers – 3rd Grades: 276 5th Avenue, 3rd floor, Room 303
4th – 12th Grades: 276 5th Avenue, 3rd floor, Room 300
All Children/Students must be registered with the CYF. Registration forms are available in each classroom.
Pre-K through 2nd Grade
"Godly Play" is an exciting scripture-based storytelling study that borrows from the principles of the Montessori teaching technique.
Through videos, Bible exploration, and hands-on projects, our 4th-6th graders follow our fun and engaging “Re-Form” curriculum.
Youth (7th–12th Grades)
Youth (Grades 9th-12th) meet every Sunday morning to discuss and explore issues relevant to their lives. They also meet at various times and places during the year for fun, friendship, and outreach. Together with our Youth Leaders, youth will develop a path to lead them further on their faith journey.
For more information or questions, contact: Jessica Scovel, Director of Children's Ministry.
Jesus replied, "Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind. This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: Love your neighbor as yourself."
- Matthew 22:37-39.