September 21 2019
Habitat for Humanity Partnership
Saturday, September 21, 2019
8:20 am – 4:00 pm
Help work on a home for a low-income family. No experience necessary. To volunteer, please visit the Action Table during Coffee Hour or contact Susanah Wade or Tom Schneider, to sign up for the build, click here.
145-07 167th Street, Springfield Gardens, NY 11434
8:20am: Meet at the Sutphin Blvd/ Archer Ave/ JFK subway stop, if shuttle needed
9:00am: Volunteers arrive, sign in, waivers, etc.
9:15am: Morning meeting, site overview and Habitat NYC info
9:30am: Break into groups and begin work
12:00pm: Break for lunch
1:00pm: Back to work
3:30pm: Clean-up and wrap-up
4:00pm: Depart, Thank You!
What You Bring
- Please register on Volunteer Hub before arriving to site. (See link below.) Registering online includes completing our liability waiver.
- Wear old clothes, long pants year round or knee length. You will get dirty. During colder months, each home will have warming stations – feel free to dress in multiple layers.
- Bring sunglasses and hats for outdoor work.
- Shoes: Wear thick-soled, slip resistant shoes with strong leather upper or boots (no sneakers or sandals). This is to comply with City and State laws.
- Bring non-perishable lunch and snacks.
Frequently Asked Questions
- No construction experience is necessary. Our knowledgeable Site Supervisor and AmeriCorps Site Leaders will lead you in building the Habitat way!
- We supply all tools, hats, gloves and work belts.
- Water is supplied. Feel free to bring a personal water container.
- Bathrooms: We provide clean port-o-johns with hand sanitizer.
- Items such as bags, purses or coats will either be locked away or in the room where you are working. Cell phone usage is limited to breaks and lunchtime.
- All Types
- All-Church Event
- Arts Ministry
- Bible Study
- Children, Youth, & Families (CYF)
- GIFTS: LGBTQ Fellowship
- Habitat for Humanity
- Lent / Holy Week
- Live Streaming
- Monday Soul Break Concerts
- New Members
- Pastoral Care
- The Peale Society
- Prayer Ministry
- PrimeTime Fellowship
- Service Opportunities
- Small Groups
- Spiritual Growth
- Stephen Ministry
- Summer Arts Festival
- Summer Spirituality
- Sunday Worship
- Virtual Groups
- #WeWo: Wednesday Worship
- Women's Ministry
- Young Adult Ministry